This department is a branch of applied science focusing on and emphasizing the development and use of methodological approaches in solving problems and answering questions of Health, Medicine, Genetics and Human Biology. The history of these fields and new developments in them since the beginning of the seventeenth century, basic biological phenomena (especially in terms of mortality and susceptibility to diseases) and study design, data collection, analysis and dissemination in these fields have been highly regarded.
The department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology was established independently in 2008 in Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (TUOMS), one of the greatest universities of medical sciences in Iran, with the aim of providing services to colleges, research centers and other organizations affiliated to TUOMS.
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology
The Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology provides the following facilities:
1. The Department of Biostatistics has 3 faculty members (2 PhDs and 1 MSc)
2. The department of epidemiology has 4 faculty members (4 PhDs)
3. Enough room for meetings
4. 15-seated meeting room
5. Research and follow-up room
6. Statistics and Epidemiology website
7. Epidemiology and Injury Prevention Research Center
8. Statistics and Epidemiology software
9. Library of Biostatistics and Epidemiology
Courses Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology
The Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology offers master's degree in Epidemiology (since 2012) and Biostatistics (since 2014).